Thursday 18 April 2013

Front Cover Flat Plan

This is my flat plan for my music magazine front cover. I took my inspiration for the layout from NME - I looked at several issues, and combined them to come up with this layout. I have used a banner across the top of the page as this was a very common feature across music magazines. I will make the banner have a ripped effect to connotate the main coverline (I have not decided on my main cover line yet, but it will have something to do with rebellion or chaos, which the ripped effect will connotate). 

I have also placed a boost on the left hand side of the page. This will promote another coverline, and will be slightly transparent (as this is an effect that I have also seen on issues of NME. This will be bigger than the smaller cover lines on the right of the page, suggesting that this is a very important feature in this issue. The main cover line will be a similar size to the masthead - this will show that this is the most important feature. I have tried not to over crowd the page with text, as for most covers of music magazines, the image is the main focus (as it will be for my own cover - the image is by far the biggest feature on the page showing its importance). This is because most people are actually drawn by images to magazines, rather than the text. 

No comments:

Post a Comment