Tuesday 16 April 2013

Edited Photographs

This is another shot that I have edited. I think I will use this one for my front cover.
Firstly, I was debating on whether to use either of these two photographs, but I preferred the positioning of the second one, and so decided to edit that one.

I wanted to create a vintage feel to this image, as my target audience would have an interest in photography and art, and so a vintage style of editing would attract them. On Photoshop, I initially used the spot heal tool to remove any blemishes from her skin, and I used the clone stamp tool to minimise the shadow of the rock behind her head. Then, I went to Image, the Curves and cross processed the image, by creating an S shape with the red and green curves and a, inverted S shape with the blue colour curve. The result was the image below. 
I am happy with this image, as it reminds me of a shot that has been taken on a lomography camera, which is quite a vintage style of photography. A vintage feel was my aim for this shot. I took many inspirations from shoots in the magazines I looked at (including the edited photographs in Pigeons & Peacocks and the Lindsay Wixon photos hoot) and I feel the end product is exactly what I wanted from the shoot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment