Saturday 20 April 2013

Double Page Spread Flat Plan

I decided to use an image which covered the whole of the right hand side of the page. From my research, I found that on a lot of double page spreads, a photo does take up a whole page, or even one and a half pages. However, I think my photograph would fit better on just one page, as if it went over the gutter, it could potentially cut off an essential part of the image (such as the models face). The image is one of the main focuses of the spread, and so, this is why I have decided to make it a dominant feature. 

I placed the title of the spread at the top left hand corner of the page, and I made it quite large, as again, from my research, it has become apparent that a large title is used to capture the reader's attention, which I intend to do here on my own double page spread. The title will have the largest font on the page, and this will  mean that it will be large enough to attract the reader's attention. 

Below my title, I want to place my kicker, which will give the reader a small introduction to the article, before they read on. This is a convention of all magazine articles, and so it was a necessity. I will use language which will make them want to carry on reading. 

From my research, I also found that captions that go with the images in the likes of NME tend to go right in the corner of the images, along with the page number, date and magazine title in the opposite corner.Within the article, I have also placed a pull quote. This is also a common convention of magazines, and I will use this to break up the main body of text, and also to entice the reader to read the article - the quote will be in a different colour, and will also have language in it that will pull the readers in (they'll have the shock factor). 

I have also used 3 columns of text for my article - this will make sure that the page doesn't look too crowded, as this may put the reader off (too much text may bore the reader). 

No comments:

Post a Comment