Monday 4 March 2013

Edited photographs for school magazine

These shots photos are some of the better ones from the photo shoot that I will be likely to use in my school magazine. I have edited them in Photoshop, and have included the originals on this post.
You can see from this pictures that the editing process was very subtle, but by editing it, this photograph looks much better. The original is the top photo, with the edit underneath. I boosted the brightness and contrast very slightly, and then using the clone stamp tool, I removed the clock and random 'happy birthday' banner from the top right hand corner. 
Again, the editing on this photograph was minimal, however just by increasing the brightness and contrast of this image, it has improved it greatly. I am particularly pleased with the shallow focus on this image. 
With this photograph, I first cropped the image slightly, removing the head and shoulders of the student in the top right corner (his expression was a bit strange, and his face was a bit dark). Then, I increased the brightness and contrast of the image, and used the clone stamp to remove the burn marks off of the mat that the Bunsen burner was sat on. I also removed the bag that was sat on the desk behind the students in the middle of the left hand side of the image. I am quite pleased with this image, and I may use this photo for the front cover of my school magazine. 
This took me quite a while to edit, as after I had cropped the plug socket and box of folders out of the image, I used the clone stamp and spot healing tool to take the bag and soap out of the photo. It was quite difficult to edit this so it looked relatively realistic. I also removed the burns from the mat again using the clone stamp tool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment