Saturday 30 March 2013

Fashion magazine inspiration - Vogue

As well as looking at NME for my inspiration, I also looked at other magazines from different genres, not just music. I decided that because my magazine is going to be aimed at mainly girls, who also have an interest in fashion I should look at the conventions of Vogue, an extremely popular and established fashion magazine. Over the past few years, I have bought many issues of Vogue and I keep these along with my issues of NME. Here are some photographs that I took of a few of the issues I own. 
As you can see from these covers, the main image is just a single mid/ mid close up of the model and the colour scheme, as with NME changes for each issue. I particularly like the pink colouring on the two issues, as it stands out to the reader and has connotations of a female orientation. This may be something I consider for the colour scheme of my own magazine. Also, the bar code is always in the right hand corner, again, similar to NME. I also like the cartoon font that is used on the third cover - it looks handwritten and glossy, and the colours of the font also have feminine connotations. I will definitely consider the conventions of Vogue when producing my own magazine, as the audience (females who are also interested in fashion) would be similar to my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment