Monday 25 March 2013

Target Audience Considerations

Qualities of target audience I want to reflect - For my target audience, an important quality could be that they are artistic. This would be reflected in my magazine through the use of artistic fonts, and maybe even graphic design/ illustration components which would make the product arty. Another quality could be that they are very up-to-date with new bands etc, but are also very educated in older music (they have a broad music knowledge). This would be reflected through the type of features that I could include throughout my magazine.

Aspirations of target audience - My target audience would maybe aspire to be creative in their futures, and this would be reflected in the design and creativity of my own magazine. They might even want to go in to desgining their own magazines in the future.

Features ideas - 'Libertines Reunion?', 'Strokes New Album 'Comedown Machine' Review', 'Peace's New Album 'In Love' Review, 'Interview with Two Door Cinema Club', 'Haim's New Album pending Hit or Miss?', 'The Smiths 30 year anniversary', 'Jake Bugg: One amazing year'

Regular ideas - 'Live!', 'Gig Guide', 'Crossword', 'This Week', 'Best Newcomer this week'.

List of advertisers to approach - If I was to actually create this magazine, I would be approaching advertisers such as IPC Media. IPC are the distributors for NME magazine, and as my magazine is also of the indie genre, they might be interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment