Saturday 2 February 2013

My chosen genre

After consideration, I have decided to do an indie music magazine, as that is the type of music I am most interested in. This will help me to give a focus to my future research, and help me with my final production. I will look at indie genre magazines like Q and NME for inspiration and research as I am more familiar with the conventions of music magazines in this genre - I frequently buy NME and have many copies at home. These are some of the issues I have kept.
As you can see, they all have a similar layout, with one main image, and on some issues, there are some small thumbnails. The masthead 'NME' is always the same size and font as you would expect, however they are often different colours which contrast with the background, but compliment the colour scheme of the particular edition. On each of the covers, there are no more than 4 colours for text, and there are always one or more plugs to entice the reader to buy it. I really like this layout, and I have also looked at the contents pages and double page spreads of some of these issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment